Riviera Maya is the perfect location to host your Mexico destination wedding! The area is located on a stretch of sandy Caribbean coastline on Mexico’s Northeastern Yucatan Peninsula, just south of Cancún and north of Tulum. A Riviera Maya destination wedding is ideal for couples looking to marry in the tropics with all the pleasures of a luxury experience. Riviera Maya is home to world renowned resorts, such as Banyan Tree and Rosewood located in the gated Mayakoba community, and Grand Velas, located just north of Mayakoba. The destination is also convenient for your wedding guests with daily nonstop flights to Cancún International Airport from major United States and European cities.
Riviera Maya Destination Wedding
Riviera Maya is known for its stunning coastline and lush jungles; however, there are many other reasons to host your Mexico destination wedding here. Below are our top 6 reasons for hosting a wedding in Riviera Maya, from a destination wedding planner’s perspective!
1. Privacy: The area’s spacious resorts and selection of all-villa properties offer privacy to enjoy the wedding weekend free from distractions. Your guests can sip cocktails by the sea to recharge from the daily grind and be in the moment to celebrate life’s joys with friends and family.
2. Golfing & Recreational Activities: With so many outdoor activities to choose from, there is something for everyone! Riviera Maya is home to beautiful golf courses including my favorite, the El Camaleon golf course at Mayakoba. Your guests can also spend time snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, or boating in the clearest blue ocean waters. Enjoy riding horseback along the waterfront or take a guided tour of the local sights. When you book our destination wedding planning collection, we will arrange all of the tours and excursions and ensure you and your guests have the experience-of-a-lifetime.
3. Luxurious Pampering: Riviera Maya has an array of prestigious properties with each offering different services and amenities to create a custom experience. The focus is to ensure you are not only enjoying yourself, but relaxing and staying in the moment as well. The resorts offer many dining & drink options, as well as in-villa pools, outdoor/indoor pools, fitness centers, and full service spas that offer the best in treatments and experiences.
4. Nature: Take in the scenery, enjoy the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean, explore the lush jungles, visit the Mayan ruins in Tulum, or take an excursion to one of the nearby cenotes. Riviera Maya offers many experiences to inspire and delight your destination wedding guests.
5. Food and Drinks: Indulge in delicious food and drinks and celebrate your love with those dearest to you over local dishes and unique drinks. Host your wedding rehearsal inside a cave or have tasty treats delivered to you at the pool. And no trip to Mexico is complete without a mezcal tasting. Mazcalinna in Playa del Carmen is one of the best . . . trust me!
5. Shopping: Spend the day shopping in downtown Playa del Carmen, located only minutes from the resorts. Downtown Playa is full of shopping options from outdoor strips to indoor shopping malls. Here, you can explore international luxury retailers or enjoy some of your favorite stores found back home.
Destination Wedding Planning
Don’t hesitate to host a Riviera Maya destination wedding just because you are unfamiliar with the area. The locale offers you a variety of unique wedding backdrops from terraces overlooking the sea, underground cenotes, expansive lawns and jungle. If you’d like a beachfront ceremony – the area offers that too!
Riviera Maya is one of our favorite destinations and with our team’s destination wedding planning expertise and global vendor network, we can help you find your ideal Riviera Maya destination wedding venue. Check back next week for our review on some of the best resorts the area has to offer or contact us today to start planning your Riviera Maya destination wedding.
Now booking destination weddings in…
New York City
Los Angeles, California
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Charleston, South Carolina
Contact us for exclusive details on weddings in these destinations!